TRAIN CE FOOD
Paragon Europe is a partner in TRAIN-CE-FOOD, an EU funded project to acquire innovative specialised competences for young people, by:
- empowering them to use entrepreneurship and cooperative skillsets and mindsets; and
- enabling them to create much more efficient cooperative solutions and business models in the field of circular economy and food supply chains
via open online learning, face-to-face workshops, and in–depth remote coaching.
Entrepreneurship is an important factor for decreasing youth unemployment, while the shift to a circular economy (CE) contributes to innovation and job creation. Additionally, the EU recognises food supply chains and waste streams as priority areas in the Circular Economy Action Plan. In the partner’s countries, there are no education sources and possibilities for younger generations to learn about CE, food supply chains, business models, entrepreneurship, and cooperatives.
TRAIN-CE-FOOD involves eight partners from six EU countries (three with above–average youth unemployment rates), with numerous professionals from the fields of entrepreneurship, business creation and start-ups, cooperatives, circular economy, food supply chains, teaching and learning, e-learning, and curricula development.
Target groups are younger generation students, teachers, professors and trainers, professional mentors, coaches. TRAIN-CE-FOOD will involve more than 50 people directly in the implementation activities, over 200 in multiplier events, and more than 3500 involved indirectly through dissemination and communication. As well as students, educators and mentors, beneficiaries will include secondary schools related to food and catering issues, universities and other higher education institutions with agricultural and food–related faculties, entrepreneurship–related organisations, youth organisations, and NGOs dealing with informal education.
The eight TRAIN-CE-FOOD partners will implement project activities through six work packages, producing several outputs, including curricula for secondary and higher education; an open educational resources platform with three integrated e-modules and e-textbooks; and training and workshops. The project will have a multifaceted impact on the target groups and socio-economic environment.
- Paragon Europe (Malta)
- Science and Research Association for the Arts, Cultural and Educational Epeka Programs And Technology, Social Company (Slovenia)
- Hospitality and Tourism High School Maribor (Slovenia)
- The Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek, Faculty of Agrobiotics Science Osijek (Croatia)
- А.Б. Institute Of Entrepreneurship Development Ltd (Cyprus)
- International Institute for the Implementation of Sustainable Development, Maribor (Slovenia)
- Strateco Og (Austria)
- Cultural and Environmental Association Permacultura Cantabria (Spain)
The EU Horizon 2020 programme finances the TRAIN-CE-FOOD project.